Sustainability at the forefront of our approach
Sustainability is a growing priority for companies and it will not diminish.
There are growing pressures to become more sustainable in many areas. There always have been high-level moral and ethical reasons to operate sustainably, however, the number of reasons is increasing dramatically, with pressure from customers & prospects, cost savings, and the recruitment of ecologically aware personnel.
This means that sustainability needs to be considered in most company decisions, especially regarding company processes, medium and long-term assets and infrastructure.
Over the past couple of years, AGW have implemented some measures that have a positive influence. Some of those measures are:
- The installation of an intelligent heating/cooling system that monitors the internal and external environment of the factory. Using this information, the heating and cooling functions are only switched on when required and at an appropriate level.
- The replacement of all of our lighting with LED lights. This not only reduced energy use, saved money, but also helped the factory’s energy efficiency rating
- Investment into electric vehicles, with 1 car already in use and plans in place for the purchase of an electric van with vehicle charging points also on the agenda.
- The research, development and utilisation around reusable packing. We've recently started using a custom packaging solution that has been developed to improve our sustainability, reduce handling and packaging time and reducing our reliance on wasteful single-use packaging. The process involves the rotation of the packing between AGW and the customer.
- Recycling as much of the waste we receive as possible
We remain committed to reducing our carbon footprint and to working more sustainably - something we all must try to do.