Toroidal inductors offer small size, less leakage inductance and lower electromagnetic interference (EMI).
A Toroidal inductor coil is an inductor that is designed on a doughnut shaped core. Toroidal inductors offer small size, less leakage inductance and lower electromagnetic interference (EMI). We design and manufacture Custom Toroidal Inductor Coils for a variety of power supply, power conversion and suppression applications. As a toroidal inductor manufacturer we can assist with the design and manufacture of toroidal inductors, such as suppression chokes, common mode chokes, SMPS inductors etc. These types of toroidal inductor use core material derived from ferrite, iron powder or amorphous iron material.
To manufacture toroidal inductors AGW has extensive design and production capabilities. These design and manufacturing capabilities meet most requirements, ranging from CNC toroidal coil winding machines to assisted pull winding. There are also finishing production operations including toroidal mounting, varnishing, encapsulation and vacuum impregnation.
Where are Toroidal Inductors found?
- Switch mode power supplies.
- Filter applications.
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) sensitive circuits.
Common types of toroidal inductor
- Common mode choke
- Differential mode choke
- Toroidal filter
- SMD mounted inductor
- Fixed value inductor coil
- Suppression choke
The required information to specify a toroidal inductor:
- No load inductance in uH
- Full load inductance in uH
- DC Current in Amperes
- AC Current in Amperes peak to peak
- Operating frequency is needed for core calculations and wire sizing
- Core material is selected for the known operating frequency or frequencies.
- Other Toroidal inductor design considerations are space limitations and mounting technique.
- Lead terminations are also specified through the design of a toroidal inductor.